- They allow you to navigate efficiently from one page to other on the website.
- They store the username and preferences entered.
- They allow you to avoid entering the same information (such as username and password) several times during the visit.
- They measure the use of services by users, to optimize the browsing experience and the services themselves.
- They present targeted advertising information based on the interests and behavior expressed by the user while browsing.
- “Technical” cookies can be divided into session cookies (which guarantee normal navigation and use of the website) and persistent cookies (analytics cookies, used to collect information, in aggregate form, on the number of users and how they visit the site; functional cookies, which allow the user to browse according to a series of selected criteria, such as language, etc.). For the installation of these cookies, users’ prior consent is not required.
- “Profiling” cookies are designed to create user profiles and are used to send advertising messages in line with the preferences shown by the user during the web browsing. For the installation of these cookies, the law states that the user must express a valid consent.
- __utma This cookie keeps track of the following information: numeric hash of account data, random number, access time, number of occurrences. The validity period is two years. This information is used by Google Analytics;
- __utmb These cookies are used to verify approximately how and when people leave the site since a visit begins. This information is used by Google Analytics
- __utmz This cookie keeps track of the following information: numerical hash of account data, access time, specific information on access, number of occurrences, keyword, origin and country. The validity period is six months. This information is used by Google Analytics.
- __utmv This cookie is used to customize user navigation. This information is used by Google Analytics.
- _ga This cookie is used to distinguish unique users by assigning a randomly generated number as a client identifier. It is included in each site and is used to calculate the number of visitors as well as the useful data in order to produce analysis reports. By default it is set to expire after two years. This information is used by Google Analytics.